Friday, December 30, 2011

2011's books

Most people know that I'm in a book club (I have been for over 2 years now), and as a result, I'm constantly getting asked for book recommendations. I decided to compile a list of books I've read (some with my book club, some without) over the past year. Here goes...

Treasuring God in Our Traditions,  Noel Piper
The New Dare to Discipline,  Dr. Dobson
*Gone With the Wind,  Margaret Mitchell
*The Story of the Trapp Family Singers,  Maria von Trapp
Stay Home, Stay Happy,  Rachel Campos-Duffy
Excuse Me, But I Was Next...,  Peggy Post
*Captivating: Unveiling the Mystery of a Woman's Soul,  John Eldredge
*Bringing Up Girls,  Dr. Dobson
Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child,  Marc Weissbluth
*Room,  Emma Donoghue
Babywise 2,  Gary Ezzo
Summer and the City,  Candace Bushnell
What Southern Women Know,  Ronda Rich
*Pride and Prejudice,  Jane Austen
*Drowning Ruth,  Christina Schwarz
*Twilight,  Stephanie Meyer
*New Moon,  Stephanie Meyer
A Place of Yes,  Bethenny Frankel
Waiting for Daisy,  Peggy Orenstein
*Eclipse,  Stephanie Meyer
*Breaking Dawn,  Stephanie Meyer
*Freakonomics,  Steven Levitt
Bringing Up Boys,  Dr. Dobson
SuperFreakonomics,  Steven Levitt
*Before I Go to Sleep,  S.J. Watson
*The Hole in Our Gospel,  Richard Stearns
*A Christmas Carol,  Charles Dickens
On Becoming Pre-Toddlerwise,  Gary Ezzo
Habits of a Child's Heart:,  Valerie Hess

Looking back over that list, I'm surprised and delighted! 29 books?! Man, I love to read! It's definitely my #1 hobby (as evidenced by the amount of time AND money I spend on it).

The books that stand out as being my top favorites from the year are "Treasuring God in Our Traditions," "The New Dare to Discipline," "Gone With the Wind," "Pride and Prejudice," "Waiting for Daisy," "Superfreakonomics," and "Before I Go to Sleep." I don't want to go into a review of each book on here because it would make the post much too long, but if you have any questions about any of the specific books listed above, feel free to ask and I'll tell you what I thought!

*=books I've read with my book club

What have you read this year that you liked?

No comments:

Post a Comment