I got my latest BzzAgent kit in the mail yesterday and immediately opened it up to see what my oldest would say about it. I managed grab the camera first, too, so here's my review of Post's "C is for Cereal" product.
1) I'm impressed with the fact that they sent us two full-size boxes of cereal to test: 1 box of Elmo Apple and 1 box of Cookie Monster Banana. (And seven $1 off/one box coupons for the future/to hand out to friends.)
2) The actual cereals look identical--some X's and O's. It has a bit of a freezer-dried effect or something in the texture. It reminds me of space food.
3) The two cereals taste exactly the same to me and taste neither like apples or bananas. My oldest seemed to prefer the Cookie Banana flavor though, as he chose it even when I switched the bowls around. He promptly ate all of the cereal I set out for us to taste test, so it definitely meets his approval.
4) He saw who was on the box and was giddy at the thought of eating something with Cookie or Elmo on it. (He calls all cereals "heerios.")
5) The nutrition doesn't much matter to me at this stage because he eats so little cereal, but it seems about as healthy as Kix or Cheerios or the like. It doesn't explicitly come with sugar inside--no marshmallows or such.
6) Depending on the price, I would buy this. I tend to buy whatever's on sale because, again, he eats so little cereal and doesn't have much of a preference yet. So, if we are shopping, need cereal, and its a good price, I'd get it. It's not so awesome I'd make a point to, though.
** This review was done as a part of my participation in campaigns with BzzAgent. I have gotten to try (for FREE!) all sorts of products. If you're interested in learning more, click HERE.**