Wednesday, November 6, 2013

A Few New Things I'm Trying...

I recently noticed several friends on Facebook posting things about BzzAgent (BzzAgent is a company that provides you with free products in return for a review of the products.) and it got me thinking...

I've been doing BzzAgent for YEARS. Like probably 5 years or so. I started out really slow and since that was before I had a blog, I didn't get much traffic from it (you get more products the more your reviews are seen and my having a blog means more people can potentially see my reviews). I LOVE BzzAgent. I like trying new products with not much commitment or cost, of course, but I also love that it's something to focus on besides my boys. It is a creative, a brain-using, stimulating outlet that doesn't involve dressing, changing, or feeding other people. 


So in effort to try to increase my participation in similar types of things, different ways of expending mental energy on things besides the boys, I'm trying a few new things. I love my sons dearly, and I don't want to work fully outside the home--it's important to me to be home full time during these early years, but I'm a healthier mom (and wife) when I have something besides them to think about--it balances me. In an effort to increase these sorts of things, I've signed up on two new websites: Swaggable and FlyBy Promotions. I just signed up, so I have not gotten any free products, nor have I even been invited to participate in anything. I'm hoping that will change very soon, though. I'll let you know what I think of those sites once I have an opinion.


I'm also going to try to start being better about doing reviews on Amazon. I use this site probably at least once a week, and they have an amazing "club" called The Vine where they give products to their top reviewers in exchange for a review. You can't ask to be a part of it, Amazon simply selects you based on the amount of good reviews you submit. And it can't hurt to try! So that's the third new thing I'm trying.


The biggest new thing I'm trying, though, is working as a Consultant for Rodan + Fields. It all started a couple months ago when I got a free sample of their products. I LOVED how much better my skin was, and as someone who's tried million different skin products over the years (HERE and HERE) and still been unhappy, it was like a God-send! I have been using R+F for two months and my skin is noticeably better! It's softer, smoother, emptier, cleaner, and protected from the sun with a sunscreen that I absolutely love. Love. Love. Love! So, I decided to make a go at having a little side business with Rodan + Fields. It's still very early, but I'm hoping that this is something that works for me.





Are you a member of a site/company/club that gives free products in exchange for reviews? Do you know of any that I haven't mentioned up above? I'd love to give other ones a try as well!


Do you know of anyone who's looking for a new skin care line? I seriously love the products (and business model!) of Rodan + Fields. Get in touch with me if you or someone you know is looking for something new. It has a 60 day money back guarantee, so you're out nothing if you find you don't like it.

1 comment:

  1. UPDATE: Today, November 5th, the VERY NEXT DAY after signing up, I got an invitation to participate in a free app trial about the birth of Jesus. Hope I get selected, there's a $150 prize potential for submitting my review!

    ReplyDelete